Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hunt for the Perfect Hound

Hey everyone!
Sooooo I'm back from my pity party and ready to roll, these past few weeks have been preeeeetty crazy. A few weeks ago I decided to take the bull by its horns and adopt a puppy-- not this wasn't a whim idea because I've grown up with dogs all my life and really wanted "my own". SO I decided to hit up the Humane Society, and surprisingly enough at about the 3rd kennel I saw this happy jumpy puppy playing with everyone and driving them nuts-- sort of like me when I'm hyper ;)
The volunteer brought him into a room to meet us and all I know is he went right for my lap and laid belly up in my arms, that was it for me... After talking to the bolunteer i came to know that this pup was a stray that was hit by a car, had a broken arm and had JUST gotten his cast off today-- I couldn't believe it! He seemed sooooo happy and jumpy without a care in this world. Needless to say, I came back the next day and he was mine!
Now why am I talking about this and how does this all fit into my OCD blog? Well as silly as this will sound, I really learned a lot from my new pup, here was a puppy who had this traumatic experience,
having his whole hand CRUSHED under the weight of a car, (my being jumped)
being casted for 6 week, feeling unable to do much of anything other then walk a little (all of my set backs and bungee braces holding me back from my life) getting his cast off ( breaking free from the OCD stigma) now being adopted into a loving home (my Zoloft and psychology sessions) and living his happy life, although he does have days where his leg hurts (see "just one of those days post") but he's come sooooo far and has so much going for him! (As do I :D) and although his arm might be a little on legged, so am I, ill always have that reminder of what I went through-- but it's also a reminder of how far I've come and how strong I'm! I hope you enjoy my though for the day! GD is good!
Yours truly,
The OCDiva

No comments:

Post a Comment